THE ISOLATION OF CONTACT PEOPLE WITH COVID-19 PATIENTS WILL BE IN A NEW WAY
The new decree of the chief state doctor of Kazakhstan has approved the isolation procedure for people with an increased risk of infection with COVID-19.
According to the document, close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case is defined as:
- a person who lives with the COVID-19 case in the same dwelling;
- a person who has unprotected direct contact with a patient with COVID-19 or infectious secretions of a case of COVID-19 (for example, when coughing, shaking hands, etc.);
- a person who has been in an enclosed space without using Personal Protective Equipments (PPE) protective mask (for example, in a classroom, meeting room, hospital waiting room, etc.) with a COVID-19 case at a distance of less than 1.5 meters for 15 minutes or more;
- a medical worker or other person providing direct care for a COVID-19 patient, or laboratory specialists who worked with biosamples of a COVID-19 patient without recommended PPE or with a possible violation of the rules for using PPE;
- contact in the plane, intercity bus, train, which was two seats in any direction from the patient with COVID-19, as well as the crew members who served the section of the aircraft where the patient with COVID-19 flew.
The period of investigation of epidemiological connections to establish close contacts should begin 14 days before the detection of a COVID-19 case and end with the moment the COVID-19 case is isolated.
Also, meeasures regarding contact persons with a patient with COVID-19 (close contact) are published:
1) contact persons with a COVID-19 patient (close contact), in the absence of documentary evidence of receiving a full course of vaccination against COVID-19, are subject to isolation at home (home quarantine) for 14 days.
On the third day of isolation, samples are taken for laboratory examination of a contact (close contact) for COVID-19 by PCR. If the PCR test is negative, the PHC specialist daily for 14 days by phone asks the contact about his health status (body temperature, signs of illness), after 14 days, if there are no signs of COVID-19, quarantine and isolation are completed. If the PCR test is positive, the PHC specialist submits an emergency notification to the territorial unit of the Sanitary and Epidemiological Control Committee for the COVID-19 patient.
2) contact persons with a COVID-19 patient (close contact), in the presence of documentary evidence of receiving a full course of vaccination against COVID-19, are subject to a medical examination by a PHC specialist. In the absence of signs of COVID-19, contacts are not isolated for home quarantine, laboratory tests for COVID-19 are not carried out, a PHC specialist daily for 14 days by phone will ask the contact about his health status (body temperature, signs of illness). If signs of illness appear, the contact is subject to laboratory testing for COVID-19 by PCR and isolation at home (home quarantine) before receiving the results of the PCR test. Upon confirmation of the diagnosis of COVID-19, the PHC specialist submits an emergency notification to the territorial subdivision of the Committee for Sanitary and Epidemiological Control for a COVID-19 patient.
In case of asymptomatic virus carriage, the patient is subject to medical supervision on an outpatient basis and isolation at home (home quarantine) for 14 days from the moment of the last contact with a COVID-19 patient.
In the presence of risk factors according to the approved algorithm and the absence of conditions for isolation at home, the decision on hospitalization is made by the PHC specialist individually in each case.
The local therapist is obliged to make daily calls to an asymptomatic virus carrier who is in home quarantine for the presence of clinical symptoms of coronavirus infection. In the absence of clinical symptoms within 14 days from the last contact with a patient with COVID-19, quarantine ends. At the end of the quarantine, an emergency room specialist issues recommendations to the asymptomatic virus carrier on the need to comply with COVID-19 prevention measures (use of a medical mask, antiseptics, hand hygiene, social distance), the document says.
When clinical signs of the disease appear in an asymptomatic virus carrier who is in home quarantine (an increase in body temperature to 38 degrees and above, sore throat and / or sore throat, weakness, cough, headache, shortness of breath, shortness of breath and other symptoms of coronavirus infection), a local therapist submits an emergency notification to the territorial subdivision of the Committee for Sanitary and Epidemiological Control for a COVID-19 patient.
Новостной портал – ATPress